Monday, September 19, 2016

Let's Hear from Ms. Jones

Dear Fourth Grade Families,

My name is Maggie Jones and I will be in your child's classroom learning from and helping Mrs. Bertelson this year.  I am in my fourth year of college at the University of Michigan and in my second year in the School of Education's Elementary Education program. I am working toward a Bachelor of Arts in Education, majoring in Language Arts. I am very excited to be at A2Steam this year and even more excited to be Mrs. Bertelson’s student teacher! I look forward to teaching and learning from the students in the classroom.

I’ve been very lucky to have many opportunities working with children in the past. During high school, I volunteered at a summer camp and for a tutoring program through my school. During my first two years of college, I taught Spanish to third and fourth graders around Ann Arbor. I have been a camp counselor at the Natural History Museum here in Ann Arbor for the past two years, working with children of every age group. I work at the museum during the year as well, as a docent. Additionally, I was a teaching intern last year and worked in both a kindergarten and fifth grade classroom. All of these experiences combined have contributed to my career choice as a teacher. I look forward to furthering my experiences and sharing my enthusiasm at A2Steam.

One of the strengths of the elementary program at the School of Education is its emphasis on fieldwork. In the next few months, I will assist Mrs. Bertelson in the day­to­day activities of her classroom and will be working in various situations with the fourth grade students. Throughout the year, I will have opportunities to lead math discussions, teach lessons, and eventually teach a unit on my own. I am delighted to be working with your child, Mrs. Bertelson, and the rest of the fourth gradeclass this semester.  If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me through Mrs. Bertelson.


Sincerely, Maggie Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment