Sunday, January 22, 2017

A Letter from Ms. Jones

Dear Fourth Grade Families,

My name is Maggie Jones and I will be in your child's classroom learning from and helping Mrs. Bertelson this year.  I am in my fourth year of college at the University of Michigan and in my second year in the School of Education's Elementary Education program. I am working toward a Bachelor of Arts in Education, majoring in Language Arts. I am very excited to be at A2Steam this year and even more excited to be Mrs. Bertelson’s student teacher! I look forward to teaching and learning from the students in the classroom.

One of the strengths of the elementary program at the School of Education is its emphasis on fieldwork. The first part of the year, I was able to be here a day and a half each week, but now, I will be in the classroom all day, all week long. I will be here until April. In the next few months, I will start to do more and more around the classroom. This will all be leading up to my lead teaching, when I will be the main teacher for two weeks. All of the things I teach will be reviewed by Heather Bertelson and my supervisor, and Heather will be in the room observing me.

It’s been a joy to get to know your children and some of you over the past half year, and I look forward to spending even more time working together! If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me through Mrs. Bertelson.

Sincerely,
Maggie Jones


No comments:

Post a Comment